Identifying your market is only half the work, knowing how to connect and build loyalty with your target audience is the real challenge.
And, because we want to help keep you up to date, we have gathered proven methods from the experts (ahem, us!) to help you make sure you still know your target audience.
1. Find your target audience struggles and pain.
Knowing their pain is the first step to know your target audience on a deeply personal level. If you were them, how would you feel?
Always remember, marketing is about solving specific problems.
Therefore, you must know what solutions you can give your potential customers and why they need you and your products/services.
Ask yourself these insightful questions:
- Do my customers need fast service or 24-hour customer support?
- Do they have kids? Are they elderly and need special accommodations?
- What can I do to make their daily activities easier?
- What is their daily routine and struggles?
2. Check out what their goals are.
As business owners, we tend to market our products how we want people to see us, but this shouldn’t be the case.
Our marketing perspective should be asking questions like, how are my products and services helping my potential customers achieve their goals? So you should brainstorm what those goals are.
Remember, your buyers do not care what your brand is unless it does something beneficial for their lives and helps them achieve their overall goals.
Armani, BMW, and Coach have all done a great job on this. They have aligned themselves along with high market lifestyles.
These luxury brands knew that their target audience was conscious of their public image with the end goal of looking exclusive and expensive, and through their marketing; they appealed to that goal.
- Talk to human behaviour experts to know how people more or less will engage with your company.
- Gather data from your consumers through surveys.
- Research what your audience is doing in their natural habitat.
- Observe how people engage with your brand
- Relay your business data to your target audience or niche via visual imagery.
- Make your audience know what to expect from you.
Short-term and long-term plans.
Knowing your target market’s long-term and short-term objectives has two benefits.
It helps you improve your service for your customers, and it makes your marketing customised better.
Target each of their plans by using customised ad campaigns. It makes your customers feel better understood. Plus, you will be able to make better packages and promos in consideration of their goal types.
- Get your data from real people by asking your existing customers’ feedback.
- Acquire detailed information from focused groups through surveys and polls. It lets you know how a specific group feels about your service and product.
3. What is their daily routine?
Find out what your buyer’s day looks like – know their habits and whereabouts. Why?
Because buyers want to know that you understand how it feels to have their kind of life. Communicate this to them through your branding, service, and marketing.
- What food do they eat?
- What is their health routine?
- Where do they work, hang out and go to school?
- How extroverted or introverted are they?
Understanding your target audience is one of the most crucial steps in being successful in the marketing process and the e-commerce industry.
With a lot of businesses sprouting every now and then, be a formidable competitor by empathising and understanding the customers you are serving with your business.
Did we miss out on any tips? Let us know! Or if you don’t have time to do all these things, you can easily book a FREE strategy call and see what BidPixel can do for you.