We use Instagram all the time, but do we really understand the scope of its use as a marketing tool?
There is more to it than meets the eye and as usual, Bidpixel’s got you covered with 5 thumb-stopping facts about our good ol’ pal – Instagram.
- 61% of brands are planning to increase their advertising budgets
- There are 500 million people using Instagram stories DAILY!
- Almost 60% of Instagram users use Instagram as a Search Engine.
- Almost 1000 photos are uploaded on Instagram every second.
- The Instagram algorithm takes into account over 500 different factors
1. 61% of brands are planning to increase their advertising budgets
Instagram has seen massive growth since the start of the pandemic, with everyone transitioning their physical stores to online platforms and e-commerce. Now they have seen the potential and power of online advertising on Facebook and Instagram, they’re not holding back.
Tip: Before getting started on Instagram, assess your niche and your target audience. This will help you establish who you will be talking to on these platforms.
2. There are 500 million people using Instagram stories DAILY!
The beauty of a fleeting moment, literally fleeting. Instagram stories are shown to your audience for only 24 hours unless you repost it again.
What does this mean for you and your business? More chances of getting valuable content out there without drowning your audience through the usual feeds.
HOT TIP: Did you know that you can use up to 10 hashtags in your IG stories? If you’re not comfy with people seeing it, try hiding it behind a sticker or image. You’re welcome!
3. Almost 60% of Instagram users use Instagram as a Search Engine.
How does this apply to you? If you are an e-commerce business owner, this is your time to SHINE!
Do you have a new product you want to share with your market? Instagram is the way to go.
Remember, Instagram is a visual platform, you need to up your ante with your creative. Go get a product photographer or even shoot your products using a nice background. (Hint: we might be offering this service, soon!)
Research the hashtags you will be using as per our advice in the last blog, this can make or break your post.
4. Almost 1000 photos are uploaded on Instagram every second.
Yes you read that right, not daily, nor hourly but every second!
So, how do you stand out from the crowd? We’ve have created the BidPixel 4 Step Checklist:
- Amazing Creative and Imagery
- Posts that add value to your audience
- Well researched hashtags
- Engagement and interaction
You know the drill, you need to engage too, for other brands and people to notice that you actually exist. Instagram is a two-way street, you give what you would like to get.
5. The Instagram algorithm takes into account over 500 different factors
Yes, you heard that right. Every time you stop on a post because it caught your eye – Instagram logs that interaction. There are hundreds of micro actions you can take that help Instagram decide whether or not your content is engaging and will perform well on their platform.
Our best tips to keeping your content at the top of peoples’ feed are:
- Amazing Creative and Imagery
- Usage of proper and (working) hashtags
- Including a Call-to-Action
- Tagging of geolocations for your posts
- Posting on Instagram Reels, IGTV and Stories
Instagram is forever changing, and it’s imperative for us marketers and e-commerce business owners to keep up with the latest updates for our customers and for ourselves. Learning is tantamount to success, but you already know that, right?
Head to our youtube channel here.
If you’re looking for experts to grow your business online for you, Book a Deep Dive Call with us!